What do you mean by ‘creativity’? And HOW do you do it in the real world?
A recent IBM poll of 1,500 CEOs identified creativity as the #1 “leadership competency” of the future. It’s seen as the foundational driver of innovation and entrepreneurship. But what IS it and how
do you DO it?
I think a starting point is to look at how we define ‘creativity’. If you have a high school art class definition in your head
– ie. I need to be able to paint like the Old Masters to be considered creative
– then you may find that limiting.
An accepted definition of creativity is the use of imagination to create something useful and original. That means moving beyond traditional ideas and rules.
Sometimes it’s about expanding old ideas into new contexts. Sometimes it’s about taking two existing ideas and mushing them together to create something new from the combination.
Whenever we are faced with the need for new and more efficient solutions to old problems, there is rarely a single right answer. Creative thinking comes into play.
At its core, creativity is a process of generating many, many ideas (divergent thinking) then sorting and analysing those ideas to select one to pursue to action (convergent thinking).
And the great news…
Creativity is a process can be learned and practised, and your skill and expertise increased over time.
And the other great news…
You are more creative than you know.
This skillset is not a priority for everyone. I understand.
So, do this quick check. Is this you?
- You’re stuck in a rut / finding life a bit “beige” and are not connected with what ‘your passion’ is?
- You know what your passion is and want to find inspiration and energy around growing and bringing it into the world?
- You want to explore your creativity but an easy-to-follow approach that delivers results is critical?
- You are some-one that enjoys creative activities and would like a guide to tapping those abilities and allowing them to blossom in your personal and business life?
- You are some-one who doesn’t think they are creative but has a track record of starting and growing new businesses, delivering projects, building and nurturing teams?
- You know creativity is the #1 leadership skill of the future but don’t know how to ‘get more creative’?
If you are a yes to any of the above, then read on…
Whitney Freya is an inspiring author, teacher, creativity catalyst and leader of change processes. Her passionate ideas are shared through her book, The Artist Within, a Guide to Becoming Creatively Fit and through her superb creatively fit programs.
I have studied under Whitney, done her fantastic courses and have become a Certified Creatively Fit Coach.
So if you are ready to take the next step… You can make the change you want by…
Enrolling in Whitney’s on-line program. There are three courses in the program – Step #1 Meet your artist within; Step #2 Painting made easy; and Step #3 The Ultimate Creative
Challenge, The Painting Marathon. You can do these in your own time and at your pace. They will give you the basic techniques of creative thinking and how you can directly apply these to your life. By following the techniques and activities in these courses, you will get unstuck, uncover your passion and make the change you want in your life.
To expand and deepen your learning experience while doing Whitney’s programs, you can engage me as your creatively fit coach. I will support you on your journey, help deal with any immediate practical or big world questions that arise while doing the course. I can reflect, prompt, provoke, cheer enthusiastically and rejoice with you. I have been on this path and can guide you on yours.
Do you have a team or organisation that you think would benefit from a creativity workshop to help unlock your individual and collective creative abilities?
Creativity Workshops for Business & Teams
If your team needs to innovate and create a competitive edge, then you need to learn how to engage your creativity centres. Michelle can tailor a learning experience to meet your needs. She has qualifications in adult education, is a Certified Professional Facilitator (through the International Association of Facilitators) and is a Certified Creatively Fit Coach (to deliver Whitney Freya’s Creatively Fit Programs).